Call for Participation
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, you are invited to participate in IEEE World Haptics Conference (WHC) 2019 to be held in Tokyo, JAPAN July 9-12, 2019. In recent years, we have witnessed the rapid evolution of haptics research. Fundamental understanding of touch perception, technologies for interface via haptics, and commercial applications, are all burgeoning. IEEE WHC is the premier conference for reporting research results and demonstrating novel capabilities in the field of haptics. There are many ways to participate in the conference including the submission of full-length technical papers, late-breaking work-in-progress papers, demonstrations, and design track; participation in Cross-cutting Challenge (CCC) and workshops; and exhibition of commercial offerings. Corporations are also encouraged to consider sponsorship opportunities as a means of both supporting this dynamic community and maintaining visibility within it.
Talks & Interactive Session
All technical paper sessions at World Haptics Conference 2019 will have a new format: 10-minute talks for accepted papers nominated for an award, 3-minute blitz pitches for all other accepted papers, followed by an interactive session of 120 minutes for all accepted papers held in the same session room.
The conference welcomes original contributions related to any topics of haptics. Topics of interest include:
- Haptic Interface Design & Control
- Tactile Displays
- Haptic Sensors and Actuators
- Human-Computer Interaction Involving Haptics
- Multi-Modal Systems Involving Haptics
- Tele-operation and Virtual Environments
- Haptic Rendering and Modeling
- Shared Haptic Control and Collaboration
- Human Haptic Perception
- Neuroscience of Touch
- Human-Robot Haptic Interaction
- Haptics in Industrial and Commercial Applications
- Embedded/Ubiquitous Haptics
- Biomechanics and Motor Control
- Other Innovative Uses of Haptics
Sponsorship & Exhibition
More information about sponsoring and exhibiting at IEEE World Haptics Conference 2019 can be found here.
Venue & Social Programs
More information about venue and social programs can be found here.